Saturday, April 23, 2011

"It's worth it...it's totally worth it"

My experience so far while being pregnant is a having a lot of people tell me their parenting stories. Some are sprinkled with the more intimidating elements of caring for children especially newborns. I see peoples eyes slightly glaze over when they tell me about the early days filled with sleepless days/nights. They might even thrown in a scary 23 hour labor story. Generally the walks down memory lane are ended with a nice line about how parenting is a unique, life changing experience that they wouldn't trade for anything...."it's worth it" or "it's totally worth it". This is something I don't understand yet.

I don't know what that means. And I won't for a couple of months. Someday down the line I will share my take on "it's worth it".

2 comments:

  1. I can honestly say that those sleepless days/nights and whatever else are NOT at the forefront of my memories with Jane. It's all in your attitude! I loved those sleepless nights when I got to hold her and cuddle her just the two of us. I knew they were limited and now I am so grateful that I embraced them instead of dreading them. Such a sweet, precious time that I will NEVER have with her again. You are going to love being a mom-and remember-it's all in your attitude! You can laugh when pee and poop gets all over the place or you can let it upset you. Knowing my girl though, I know you'll do the former! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is worth it, but hard too! Just get plenty of pain killers for those first couple weeks and you'll do fine =).

    ReplyDelete