Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feb 18th

Joy and Grief

I am simply moved to tears as I write this. This day for a long time has fostered a lot of fear, anxiety, life, death and love.

When I was 29 on this day my husband had the courage to change our lives with a medical procedure.

When I was 22 on this day Cohen asked me marry him.

When I was 14 on this day my best friend died.
She was a young girl who was loved by her family. her friends, teachers and all those who were blessed to get to know her. I miss her beautiful blue eyes, her voice, her way of making me smile. I miss all the things we weren't able to do and see together. I miss the woman she would have become. I miss the child she was.
Amanda I miss you.

God has blessed me in so many ways. There have been days of darkness. Days where the only comfort found was crying myself to sleep. But through the darkness God has never left me alone, even when I screamed at him to and turned my back to him. And for that I am truly grateful. He has blessed me with a husband who cherishes me and will be with me for all eternity.

-Aimee

1 comment: