Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Ultimate Loss, The Ultimate Love, The Final Goodbye

Reach within me deep
Remove this child of mine
Take him with care
He was created with love and hope

Close my eyes and weep
Open my heart and let the pain out
Cohen hold me close

Little one we may be separated by space and time
But no distance can remove the bond you share with me

Reach within me deep
Remove this child of mine
Take him with care
He was created with love and hope

Return to your maker
He will hold you and keep you safe
Until the day we can see your beautiful face
We love you

-Aimee Jay

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem. I am so, so sorry for this loss. We will keep you in our prayers. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Aimee that made me cry. I'm so sorry for you and Cohen. What a beautiful poem and expression of your love and loss. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me girls. Its very special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poem has brought me to tears as well. You two are so strong and such an example to me. I love you.

    ReplyDelete