Friday, July 9, 2010

Postpartum

Its wet
Its freezing

I reach out my cold shaking finger and trace the lines of my prison
This box I find myself trapped in

My back is to the wall and I can't lay down
My head is to the ceiling and I can't stand

I scream out and it echoes against the walls taunting me
I choke my lungs are filled with cold, musty air

I curl my toes and feel my skin grate against the cement
No comfort to be found

Loneliness is my only companion
It whispers poison into my ear

Where is my freedom
Where has the light gone to
Where is my salvation

-Aimee Jay, June 2010

.....
Women of every culture, age, income level and race can develop perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. Symptoms can appear any time during pregnancy and the first 12 months after childbirth. There are effective and well-researched treatment options to help you recover. Although the term “postpartum depression” is most often used, there are actually several forms of illness that women may experience
...... http://www.postpartum.net/Get-the-Facts.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment