Saturday, July 24, 2010

Puppy love



If you have seen any of our recent Facebook posts you will know we are head over heels for Salty. We have survived our first 2 weeks of puppyhood and it feels like she has been with us for years. The first week was rough with many trips outside for potty throughout the night. I was starting to feel like zombie Aimee and would anxiously look forward to coming home from work and trying to nap on the floor while salty would walk on my back. Thankfully she sleeps in her crate through the night without needing a potty break until the morning. Last night she went 9 hours it was AMAZING. As you know we are very passionate about our sleep...well at least I am.

We have taken so many pictures and video of our pup that I was starting to feel a bit nuts. Thankfully my fellow dog loving friends have reassured me that this behavior is totally natural. Many have even encouraged it as the puppy stage is over too quickly. Although our friends lab Buddy is 80lbs plus and still tries to get in their laps.


Salty has had so many people come over and meet her she is totally in love with her new friends. Even my mom had to admit she was cute. My parents call her Pogo because she bounces around like a pogo stick. Right now she is asleep next to me on the couch wagging her tail. Adorable.

Meeting Salty Video
(sorry sideways)

Salty Fun

Cohen comes home and she is soooo happy!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! She is like a jumping bug!! I think I could watch these three videos all day long, no prob. What a cutie pie!! And congrats on 9 hrs sleep!!! WHOA!! Here I am watching the videos and screaming at Ryan about how cute they are. She is precious beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying- that is SO PRECIOUS. My pup Stella is 2 and we sometimes watch her old puppy videos cause they are so cute! She will get really good at knowing what time Mom and Dad get home from work.

    ReplyDelete